A speeding ticket in Fairfax County causes points to be added to your driving record which increases auto insurance costs and an array of additional problems that no driver wants to experience. If you want to avoid getting a speeding ticket, there are five tips below to use to do just that. Avoiding a traffic infraction isn’t as difficult as you might think. Put the 5 tips below to use to avoid fairfax county traffic violations!
1. Obey traffic laws: The most obvious and common sense way to avoid a speeding ticket is to obey all of the traffic laws and speed limit signs that are posted. These limits are in place for everyone’s safety and when you abide by them, it is easy to avoid hassles.
2. Keep an eye out: Speed limits can change from time to time and when they do, no warnings are given. In fact, you might even find police officers waiting to catch violators unaware of changes.
3. Maintain your car: An improperly maintained car may not provide the accurate speedometer readings which could result in breaking the speed limits, even if it is unintentional. Improperly inflated tires are just one example of a problem that may cause speedometer trouble.
4. Know what to do if pulled over: Many police officers understand that mistakes happen and may give you a break and not give a ticket if you are cooperative from the beginning of the stop. Answer questions, provide your driver’s license, yes sir and no sir, and hopefully, you won’t even get the ticket!
5. Watch where you’re driving: If you’re out in the wee hours of the morning in areas nearby bars or other hotspots, you’re more likely to encounter police officers who are on the lookout for drunk drivers.